Somehow I misconfigured my OpenWRT based router on the weekend, and it stopped allowing any packets through. I did have a shell session open on it at the time, which should have let me recover, but I didn't really understand the gravity of the situation, and wasn't able to recover the situation in time.
I've recently setup PuppetDB
. It seems to be a java process that provides a REST API to a database. It's only used by other puppet components, so it's got me wondering, why did they choose this implementation instead of writing a ruby library to access a database. In fact, that is where they have come from. In the past they used the ruby ActiveRecord
libary to connect to a MySQL database.
I was driving home, and both my girls were asleep in the back seat, which was nice. So I drove the long way home, and let them sleep a bit longer as I know Andrea hasn't been sleeping particularly well over the last few nights.